Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I ♥ Summer

I saw something recently that said, 'For teachers, the whole month of August is like one long Sunday night'. Isn't that the truth. I've been walking around with a little pit in my stomach knowing that my favorite time of year is going to be over soon. I know I should enjoy the time that I have now, but I'm still pretty sad. So, I thought that sharing this layout that I recently made for Crate would be appropriate given my mood.

I love how it turned out.


This page started out because I did some die cutting for another project. I loved the negative space so much and knew that I wanted to use it for something. I adhered it over another piece of cardstock using foram adhesive. I also tucked vellum die cuts and a doily underneath it. 

 One of the die cuts was tucked under, sticking out a bit, as well.

Then, I added my photos and lots of other little goodies.



The little gold sequins were really fun to add as a design element to draw your eyes down the page. I used a mix of Styleboard and Open Road on here. Isn't it fun?

Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Romy said...

That's such a clever idea! Your lay-out turned out fabulous and I really love the negative space.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monique Liedtke said...

This is soooo gorgeous!! I love your use of the negative space (i use it a lot too :) )